- Guobo wins a Poster Prize (JPEG, 86 KB) at ISACS21: Challenges in Nanoscience, Beijing, China
- Guobo wins a 2016 Young Scientist Award by the European Materials Research Society.
- Wei Cheng wins the runner-up MaP Best Image Award at the Graduate Symposium 2015.
- Guobo wins a 2015 Chemistry Travel Award by the Swiss Chemical Society to attend the International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies in Singapore.
- Guobo wins the 2014 National Award for Outstanding Self-financed Chinese Students Study Abroad by the China Scholarship Council. The price was handed over (JPEG, 397 KB) by the Chinese Ambassador to Switzerland Madam Xu Jinghu.
- The EurJIC-Wöhler Young Investigator Prize 2015 will be awarded to Dorota during the GDCh-Wissenschaftsforums Chemie in Dresden, Germany.
- Felix Rechberger won the runner-up DSM Poster Award in Polymers, Colloids & Interfaces at the Swiss Chemical Society Fall Meeting 2014 in Zurich.
- Philippe Knüsel was awarded the ETH medal 2014 for his Master Thesis on metal oxide-polymer particle-based aerogels - Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Niklaus Kränzlin, who won a «2014 SCNAT/SCS Chemistry Travel Award»
- Prof. Niederberger receives Goldene Eule in appreciation of his excellence in teaching in 2013.
- Li Luo won at the 16th edition of the International Sol-Gel Conference 2011 in Hangzhou an Excellent Poster Award.
- Prof. Niederberger ranked 96 in the Times Higher Education ranking of the top 100 materials scientists 2011 of the past decade according to citation impact.
- Martin Kubli won the SCS-DSM Nutritional Products Award for the best poster at the Swiss Chemical Society Fall Meeting 2009 in Lausanne.
- Inga Olliges-Stadler received a Best Poster Award for her contribution "Polymerization of arylmethyl alcohols using a tungsten oxide catalyst synthesized in a nonaqueous sol-gel process" at the 15th International Sol-Gel Conference in Porto de Galinhas, Brazil, 2009.
- Bettina Ludi received a Best Poster Award for her contribution "Nonaqueous Sol-Gel Chemistry - A versatile Tool for the Synthesis of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles" at NanoEurope 2008.